Friday, September 24, 2010

Arthritis - Arthur the dance partner

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to put the spotlight on one my amazing patients who inspires not only me, but many....

Kim was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 15 years ago, and has used her experience with RA to lead her to a fuller, richer, more spiritual place. Sometimes sitting patiently with one's body when it hurts and really listening to what it is saying can be difficult. Following through can be even more challenging. I am constantly astounded by regular women and men who do quiet but extraordinary things just like her. It reminds me/us of our ability for greatnessShe is an amazing woman, indeed.

Here are her words about how she 'dances' with RA....

"I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis 15 years ago. As a young 29 year old athletic women, wife and mother it was hard to get my arms around the reality that this intruder was mine for life. Soon, it became clear that life was too short and my family too important not to embrace this change. It was time to view the arthritis as a dance partner rather than an intruder. So it was then Arthur and I hit the dance floor and developed a graceful partnership. This was all possible because of the help of a wonderful doctor and the courage to look at alternative options. There are more than 46 million Americans with doctor diagnosed arthritis. This is 1 in 5 people who live everyday with one or more of the 100+ forms. Athritis is called the everyones disease because it affects people of all ages, even children. Currently there is no cure. This year I am the Official Walk Honoree. I am very proud and grateful for the opportunity of this gift to represent the people in the Twin Cities with Arthritis. Together we can bring valuable awareness to this growing disease. This year Team Arthur has a large donation goal!! The walk is September 25th. Please join me either by offering a financial donation and/or become a member of my team. I am very grateful for any help you can offer!!! Thank you so very much! Hugs, Kim"

If you would like to make a pledge, please go to this link; thank you! http://blba.us/i.asp?id=312304-291966713-1.

Stay warm this weekend!

Blessings and good health!

Joi

No comments:

Post a Comment