Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A closer look at one of my new favorite herbs: Gou Teng



Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my latest adventure! Recently I have found that I am constantly using Gou Teng in formulas.  It is a wonderful herb- a type of Uncaria.  It helps to bring rising energy and heat in the body back down to alleviate some very frustrating symptoms!  I have had great success in using it for certain types of headaches.  In addition, it can help reduce dizziness and vertigo, muscle twitching, and even lower blood pressure!  As energy becomes more stable and the body cools off a bit, there is a spirit-calming effect too.  Gou Teng is a safe herb with no real toxic effects noted.  

If you are interested in trying out Chinese herbal formulas at your next visit- just let us know and we will be happy to find just the right formula for your individual needs!  

Yours in health,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment